Immersive, Antioppressive Health Worker Training
Faultline uses the immersive power of performance, storytelling and simulation to conduct healthcare workshops in a variety of settings. Recent offerings and current projects include:
- 2023 Vermont antioppressive Solo certified Wilderness First Aid course Labor Day Weekend 2024: sign up here https://forms.gle/j2f6oCPv6kMs2Y1TA
- 2023 original tabletop simulation on ethical dilemmas in humanitarian aid work at the Yale School of Public Health, based on the Doctors Without Borders Speaking Out Case Study on the Benaco refugee camp during the 1994 genocide in Rwanda.
- Presentation on Theater as Care Work at the inaugural national Health Autonomy Convergence in Durham, North Carolina, 2023.
- Screening of Counting Pebbles film and discussion of vicarious trauma and moral injury in health workers at the 2023 national Health Autonomy Convergence.
- Design and conduct of a tabletop Mass Casualty Incident exercise at the 2023 national Health Autonomy Convergence.
- Creative Disasters: Theater and Emergency Response - presentation at the Vermont Emergency Preparedness Conference, 2022.
- Street Medic Scenario Day: A day of outdoor immersive scenario-based drills, debriefs and skills trainings for anti oppressive street medics in the Northeast